The Chinese Super League is the top flight of Chinese football and has 16 teams within in. This means that in a season teams play 30 games a season and the lowest two teams are at the end of the season are relegated to the China League One and then are replaced with the top two teams in the China League One.

This weekend saw a busy schedule in both the CSL and CLO. Below is how the action unfolded.

Friday’s Action:

There was one game in the CSL on Friday with Henan Jianye taking on Chongqing Lifan. Lifan won the game 2-0 thanks to a 56-minute brace from Alan Kardec.

Saturday’s Action:

There were three games in the CSL. The first of these saw Hebei China Fortune and Beijing Renhe play out a goalless draw.

The second game saw Guizhou Zhicheng beaten 5-2 by Changchun Yatai. The victory for Yatai came thanks to four goals from Odion Ighalo and one from Tan Long. Zhicheng’s goals came courtesy of Du Wei and Wang Fan.

The final game in the CSL on Saturday saw Shangdong Luneng beat Guangzhou R&F 4-2. R&F took the lead in the 29th minute through Xiao Zhi in the only goal of the first half. Then in the second half Luneng turned the score in their favour in the first 14 minutes of the half through Gil and Jin Jingdao. In the 70th minute, Luneng made it 3-1 through ex-Southampton striker Graziano Pelle. R&F then pulled one back through Zhi for his brace. Then with four minutes left of the game Diego Tardelli popped up to continued his fine form in front of goal this season.

China League One

There were also three games in the Chinese League One. The first saw Meizhou Hakka narrowly beat Shanghai Shenxin 2-1. The second saw Heilongjiang Lava edge a five-goal thriller against Yanbian Fude 3-2. The third game saw Dalian Transcendence narrowly beat Nei Mongol Zhongyou 2-1.

Sunday’s Action:

There were four games in the CSL yesterday. The first saw Dalian Yifang and Tianjin Quanjian play out a 1-1 draw. Quanjin opened the scoring in the sixth minute from the penalty spot through Anthony Modeste. In stoppage time in the first half Aerbin then made levelled from the penalty spot through Yannick Carrasco.

The second game Jiangsu Suning beat Shanghai Shenhua 5-1. Sainty took a 2-0 lead in just the first 23 minutes through Zichang Huang and Wu Xi. Then on the half-hour mark, Shenhua pulled one back through Rong Hao. Ji Xiang then restored Sainty’s two-goal cushion in the 41st minute. Then in the first twenty-one minutes of the second half, Sainty made it five through Xie Pengfei and Li Ang.

The third game In the CSL saw Beijing Guoan and Guangzhou Evergrande FC draw 2-2. The opening goal came from Evergrande and Nemanja Gudeji in the 68th minute. Evergrande then opened up a two-goal cushion in the 73rd minute through Yu Hanchao. Evergrande were then reduced to ten men when Deng Hanwen was sent off. Renato Augusto then pulled one back in the 90th minute from the penalty spot. Cedric Bakambu then scored just a minute later to secure a point for Guoan.

The final game saw Shanghai SIPG draw 1-1 with Tianjin Teda. Teda took the lead in the sixth minute through Frank Acheampong . In the 57th minute, SIPG draw level thanks to a goal from Wenjun Lu.

China League One:

There were five games in the Chinese League One yesterday. The first saw Qingdao Huanghai beat Beijing BG 2-0. The second saw Wuhan Zall beat Xinjiang Tianshan 3-0 thanks to a fifty-minute brace from Yao Hanlin. The third game saw Shijiazhuang Ever Bright draw 2-2 with Liaoning Whowin. The fourth game saw Meizhou Meixian Techand beat Zhejiang Yiteng 4-2 thanks to an 83-minute hat-trick from Muriqui. The final game saw Hangzhou Greentown draw 1-1 with Shenzhen FC.